Monday, January 08, 2007

Intermittent Fasting Experiment

After buying the issues on Intermittent Fasting from the Performance Menu #6 and #16, I decided to embark on an IF experiment. Starting Saturday January 6, 2007 for at least a month and see how it turns out. During this month I will be doing the Strength program phase II from The New Rules of lifting book.

height- 69"
BW - 194 lbs
BF - ~15%

Rules for right now:
-I eat between 9-10 am thru 6-7 pm I will eat dinner with my family and dinner time needs to be flexible.
-I have green tea and water throughout the day.
-Coffee- 2x a day on training days, otherwise 1x a day, 2 tbsp of heavy cream (Just started since I saw a few people here did it and the Lights Out book recommended it, so the reason why?) and some splenda (I know I know...but 1 thing at a time)
-180-200 grams of protein per day
-80-100 grams of fat per day
-150-200 grams of carbs per day - dependent upon if it's a training day or not - During the day it's mostly broccoli/spinach and typically 60g's total with Pre/Post WO drink and then a higher carb intake at dinner time with family.
-8.5-9.5 hours of sleep - Hard to keep with a 18 month old, but I'm trying.
-Fish oil - with first and last meals of the day, it's 30% EPA/DHA so I aim for 10 caps per meal.

The experiment link http://www.performancemenu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361


A big thanks to Robb Wolf of the Performance Menu!

No comments: