Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Programming Focus March 5, 2007 - April 14, 2007:

Programming Focus March 5, 2007 - April 14, 2007:

I have a PT test on April 14th and though I don't have a problem passing the run, the 2-mile run is still my weak point and I'm going to attempt to bring up my run times for the next 6 weeks. Before this I would run once a week, so I wanted to ramp it up rather than jumping in.

Week 1: Run 2x - 1 Interval run, 1 timed 1 mile run + a few sprints
Week 2: Run 2x - 1 Interval run, 1 timed 1.25 mile run + a few sprints
Week 3: Run 3x - 1 interval run, 1 timed 1.5 mile run + a few sprints, 1 session of 400m's
Week 4: Run 3x - 1 interval run, 1 time 1.75 mile run + a few sprints, 1 session of 400m's
Week 5: Run 3 x - 1 interval run, 1 time 2 mile run + a few sprints, 1 session of 400m's
Week 6: Run 2 x - 1 Interval run, 1 session of 400m's - no running 3 days prior to the 14th

During the next 6 weeks I'm also going to take off from all upper body vertical and horizontal push/pull exercises other than the ones outline in Phase I of this article:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=818555

My shoulders have never really been in a lot of pain, other than occasional grinding noises and a twinge here and there. My short term focus is to really get my shoulders back to 100% capacity.

Twice a week I'll do the Phase I outlined in the link and I also modified Fat Loss II from The New Rules of Lifting and took out all the upper body stuff.

Until I start running 3x per week I'll do 1-2 rowing sessions either interval or 500m-2000m's. Once I start running 3x per week I'll see about cutting down a little.

After the weekend of the 14th I'll reevaluate again depending on how my shoulders feel.

Any input/criticism would be appreciated as I've never been much of a runner and the most I ever ran was back in Basic Training in 2003 and I ended up with horrible shin splits+a 2nd degree ankle sprain.

No comments: